About the JEOL-8230...
General information about the JEOL-8230 electron microprobe installed in March 2016
at the University of Colorado Boulder.
Examples of application obtained on the JEOL-8230.
The Database of electron Microprobe Analysis (De-MA). Get the information you need to
prepare your analysis, make a reservation to use the microprobe, check for
X-ray peak interferences, etc.
The laboratory is in the mid of a change in management. Dr. Julien M. Allaz
has resigned. The new laboratory manager, Dr. Aaron Bell, will
take position on June 4th.
During the transition period (mid-April to June 2018), please, contact the laboratory
director, Prof. Kevin H. Mahan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
or the lab assistant Phil Orlandini (email@example.com).
EPMA spring class 2018
Information & material for the electron microprobe analysis class, a course designed for
an in-depth understanding and use of microanalytical techniques in solid materials
(e.g., alloy, ceramics, glass, minerals). This course covers the following subjects:
Click here to learn more!
- Essential theory on scanning electron microscope and electron microprobe analysis
- Basics on instrument vacuum system, electron gun... and other devices.
- Electron interaction with solid materials, X-ray production...
- Secondary electron (SE) & back-scattered electon (BSE) images, X-ray element mapping...
- Energy and Wavelength Dispersive Spectrometry (EDS / WDS)